Christoph Klöckner advises international corporations as well as research institutes and start-up companies in the fields of biotechnology and pharmaceuticals on all matters of IP law in connection with obtaining and enforcing intellectual property rights for their innovations. His practice includes, in particular, the strategic conception and coordination of international IP portfolios in the various phases of corporate development.
Christoph Klöckner studied molecular cell biology and biochemistry at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich with research stays at the University of Sydney, Australia and the University of California, Irvine, USA. He completed his diploma thesis at the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry in Martinsried, Germany in the area of protein folding. Following his doctoral thesis at the Biochemistry Center Heidelberg, Germany in the field of mRNA export from the cell nucleus, he gained experience in obtaining and defending patents in particular before the European Patent Office at renowned patent law firms in Munich.
Today, his clients include various technology transfer offices, start-ups as well as international chemical and pharmaceutical companies. With a tailored approach, he advises on their European as well as worldwide patents and patent applications, the best possible patenting strategy, and bolstering appeal for interested investors and business partners. In addition, Christoph Klöckner regularly lectures on IP and patents at the faculties of biology and pharmacy of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich and gives presentations on this topic throughout Europe as well as in the USA, Singapore, and Japan.
Christoph Klöckner has been admitted to practice as a German patent attorney since 2013 and as a European Patent Attorney since 2014. He joined the Munich office of Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler in 2021.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Doctorate in the field of biochemistry (Degree of Dr. rer. nat.) at the Biochemistry Center of the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Germany
- Degree of Dipl.-Biol. with a diploma thesis in the field of biochemistry/ molecular biology at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany and at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- Association of Bavarian Patent Attorneys
- INTA International Trademark Association
- Mentor and advisor for GO-Bio, Science4Life, EIT Health und Bio-M