Edwin Büchel is a German and European Patent Attorney, as well as a European Trademark and Design Attorney, with a focus on chemistry, pharmaceutics, biochemistry and related fields.
Edwin Büchel has in total more than 20 years of experience in the field of Intellectual Property. He started his career in a biotech company, establishing and heading up the IP department, before he joined the predecessor of Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler PartG mbB in 2004 where he has been employed since 2006.
He is focused on patent drafting and prosecution, consultation in aspects of patent, trademark and design law, contracting, employees’ inventions and patent due diligence. A further focus is the representation in opposition and appeal procedings.
Technical areas which have been handled by Edwin Büchel include in particular: organic, inorganic, analytical and physical chemistry, biochemistry, polymer chemistry, natural products, coordination polymers, adhesives, organic synthesis, fermentation, surfactants, label-free detection methods, biosensors, microarrays, diagnostics, combinatorial chemistry, catalysis, pigments, solid phase synthesis, electrochemistry, high-throughput screening (HTS), drug discovery and development, and chemical process engineering.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Dr. phil. nat. (Ph. D.), Saarland University
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker at the Saarland University, Saarbrücken
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- VPP Association of Intellectual Property Experts
- BDPA Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys