Besides processing patent applications up to their grant, Florian Laus currently focuses on oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office, German nullity actions and cancellation proceedings, as well as on the support and participation in German infringement proceedings, in particular in the technical fields of medical technology (e.g. in PCR analysis technology, catheter and implant technology, or also in the field of drug manufacturing), automotive technology, pressure measurement technology, semiconductor technology, ink-jet printing technology, and printing and paper manufacturing technology.
Furthermore, he also has vast knowledge in regard to other national and international industrial property rights such as trademarks, utility models and design rights. In addition to his work in the firm, he supports the Chamber of Crafts for Munich and Upper Bavaria, among other things in advising its members on inventions.
Before turning to the field of intellectual property, Florian Laus worked as a developer during his mechanical engineering studies at the Technical University of Munich, among other things in the fields of stent technology and radiology. After working in the field of intellectual property rights for many years as a patent professional and later as trainee patent attorney, Florian qualified as a European Patent Attorney and European Trademark and Design Attorney in 2011 and subsequently, as a German Patent Attorney in 2012. He has been working for Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler LLP since 2012.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Mechanical Engineering (Dipl.-Ing.): Thesis in the field of Medical Engineering (radiology) at the Technische Universität München
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- VDI Association of German Engineers