Dr Günter Isenbruck is a German and European Patent Attorney with a background in chemistry. He worked with the Hoechst group from 1975 to 1996 and then moved into private practice. He has been a senior partner of the patent attorney law firm, Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler LLP, where he has been located at the Mannheim office since January 2003. The majority of his activities are in the chemical and pharma fields.
Dr Günter Isenbruck was president of LES Germany for two years up to 2008. Apart from global patent filing and prosecuting, he specializes in technology transfers, validity and FTO studies and co-operations between industry and universities (including start-ups and spin-offs).
From 2007 to 2010, he held a teaching position at the Robert Schuman University in Strasbourg on licensing practice and in 2008 became a member of the Scientific Council of the IP center at the Mannheim University. He has been appointed and has acted as an IP legal expert at the district court in Duesseldorf and the labour court in Offenbach.
He has given regular seminars and is the author several articles in the field of patent law as well as scientific publications. Now he is practicing as an “of counsel” for his former law firm.
- European Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker and Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Goethe University in Frankfurt
- Studied Education at the University in Zurich, Switzerland
- Studied U.S Patent Law in 1979 at the Catholic University in Washington DC
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- LES Licensing Executives Society, Former President of LES Germany
- GRUR German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- IZG Interdisciplinary Center for Intellectual Property at the Mannheim University, Member and until 2010 Chair of IZG’s Scientific Council