Ivo Ruttekolk is admitted as a European Patent Attorney, as a German Patent Attorney, and as a European Trademark and Design Attorney. Furthermore, he is educated as a biochemist and earned a doctoral degree in pharmaceutical chemistry.
For several years now, his primary practice has been focused on patents in the technical fields of biochemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, biotechnology, organic chemistry, and related areas. He has particular experience with therapeutics, diagnostics, agrochemicals, foodstuffs, consumer goods, assay development, and polymers. Furthermore, Ivo Ruttekolk has also expertise in other industrial property rights such as trademarks, utility models, designs, and employee inventions in Germany.
Prior to specializing in industrial property rights, he worked as a researcher in industry-related projects in the fields of compound and assay development at the University of Tübingen (Germany). In addition to this, he also worked at the Nijmegen Centre of Molecular Life Sciences (The Netherlands) for more than two years. He has authored and coauthored a number of scientific publications and articles in the field of patent law.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Dr. rer. nat.: Thesis in field of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Tübingen
- Degree of Diplom-Biochemiker: Thesis in the field of Peptide Chemistry, University of Tübingen
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- GDCh German Chemical Society, divisions “Industrial Property Rights” and “Medicinal Chemistry”
- BIO Deutschland e. V. Member of the Committee Protection Rights and Technical Contracts