Markus Jacobi’s work at the firm focuses primarily on advising large companies on all IP matters and IP-relevant contracts, on oppositions and appeals, German nullity proceedings, the provision of validity and infringement opinions, Freedom to Operate analysis and IP due diligence as well as litigation support.
Previously, as an executive of a major pharmaceutical company Markus Jacobi was responsible for large patent portfolios for many years, managed IP litigation at various locations, and supervised the sale and acquisition of companies.
Both his background in various areas of chemistry, pharmaceutics and medical engineering and his 30 years of experience in the field of patents, including his position as Vice President of Patents at Sanofi in Paris, provide an ideal basis for his work. Markus Jacobi has been a partner of the firm for over 12 years and is the author of many articles in the areas of patent law and technology transfer.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Dr.phil.nat.: Thesis in organic drug synthesis at the Goethe University, Frankfurt
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker: Thesis in organic chemistry at the Goethe University, Frankfurt
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- VPP Association of Intellectual Property Experts
- GRUR German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- LES Licensing Executive Society
- RI Rotary International
- StuSti German National Academic Foundation