Stephanie Nottrott has profound expertise in handling global patent and trademark portfolios. Her clients include small and medium-sized biotech businesses and companies in the pharmaceutical industry. Stephanie provides qualified advice in the area of patent and trademark law with particular focus on questions regarding national and international prosecution and the defence and enforcement of protective rights against third parties.
Stephanie has long-standing experience in successfully representing clients in opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office, the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the EUIPO European Union Intellectual Property Office. In patent litigation proceedings, she protects clients' interests before the German civil courts in collaboration with external lawyers. Her work includes freedom-to-operate analysis and validity opinions.
Before joining Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler in 2007, Stephanie gained insights into the field of intellectual property rights and US patent litigation while working as a scientific advisor for an international law firm in the US. With over 4 years of post-doctoral experience in the field of RNA/protein research, she has profound hands-on expertise in a variety of biochemical, cell and molecular biology methodologies, strong cross-cultural competence and authors several publications in highly ranked peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Stephanie Nottrott is admitted to practice before the DPMA German Patent and Trademark Office, the EPO European Patent Office, the BPatG Federal Patent Court, the WIPO World Intellectual Property Organization and the EUIPO European Union Intellectual Property Office.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark & Design Attorney
- PhD in human biology (Degree of Dr. rer. physiol.), Phillips University of Marburg – Thesis in the field of protein/RNA biochemistry at the Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen
- Degree of Diplom-Humanbiologin (Dipl. human. biol), IMT Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumor Research, Phillips University of Marburg
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Chamber of Patent Attorneys (since 2016 member of the trade mark committee)
- LES Licensing Executives Society
- INTA International Trademark Association
Union-ip Union of European Practitioners in Intellectual Property