Dr Alexander Schuck has been working in the field of intellectual property since 1996. After studying chemistry and completing his PhD thesis at the University of Heidelberg, he was granted an 18-month research fellowship at the CNRS Bordeaux, France. He was trained as a Patent Attorney under Dr. Günter Isenbruck in Mannheim and was admitted as a German and European Patent Attorney in 2000. He has been a partner of Isenbruck Bösl Hörschler since 2003.
Alexander Schuck’s professional practice focuses on drafting patent applications and on patent prosecution, both before the German and European Patent Offices and internationally, as well as on oppositions and appeals before the European Patent Office. A further area of his work is providing expert opinions on the validity and infringement of patents, including large freedom to operate studies.
As a trained chemist, his technical expertise lies in the various fields of industrial chemistry and chemical engineering, with a focus on technical chemistry, catalysts, polymer chemistry and organic electronics.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Dr. rer. nat.: PhD thesis in Chemical Kinetics
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- VPP Association of Intellectual Property Experts