Raphael Bösl’s portfolio has evolved over the course of his more than 30 years as a German and European Patent Attorney. He primarily focuses on EPO oppositions and appeals, German nullity proceedings, the provision of validity and infringement opinions, due diligence and litigation support mainly in the fields of molecular biology and chemistry.
Raphael Bösl particular experience with pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. He has been successful in many oppositions, appeals and nullity proceedings, mostly acting for large companies. Raphael has a background in chemistry and biochemistry which includes working in-house in industry at the former Hoechst AG (now Sanofi) and its former affiliate Behringwerke AG. Both his technical background and vast patent experience provide an ideal basis for this portfolio.
Raphael Bösl is one of the founding partners of the patent attorney law firm and author of several articles in the field of patent law. Now he is practicing as an “of counsel” for his former law firm.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Degree of Diplom-Chemiker: Thesis in Biochemistry at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich
- Degree of Dr. rer. nat.: Thesis in Molecular Biology at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich
- epi Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office
- FICPI International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Patentanwaltskammer (Chamber of Patent Attorneys)
- VPP Association of Intellectual Property Experts
- GDCh The German Chemical Society – Intellectual Property Group
“Biotech Directive Prompts Changes to Utility Models”, Life Science Law Review
“Die unfertige Erfindung – ein Problem der gewerblichen Anwendbarkeit?”, Co-Autor: A. Teschemacher, BIOforum No. 9
“Implementing the EU Biotech Directive” in Life Science Contacts Handbook, J. Nurton ed., Managing Intellectual Property
“The Patentability of Transgene Plants according to the EPC”, Co-Autor: A. Schäfers, epi Information No. 2
“Patents – Products – Contracts”, World Markets Series, Business Briefing, Pharma Tech, World Markets Research Centre, London
“EST’s – A Problem in Patent Law?”, VPP Rundbrief
“The Unclear Patent Claim”, Mitteilungen
Doctoral thesis on “Detection and Characterization of an RNA Polymerase stimulating and DNA binding activity from Nicotiana tabacum”
Various national and international lectures on Patents and Licensing Practices